"One initially embarks on the yoga path almost exclusively due to the well-being benefits that yoga has to offer. One might have a specific health-related issue or a condition that requires extra care and attention to one’s physical being (injury, trauma, pregnancy), an emotional issue to overcome (fear, anxiety, stress, lack of sleep) or just wish to lead a healthier lifestyle becoming more fit, energized, and more productive as a result.
No doubt yoga offers countless physical, mental, and emotional health benefits.
- improved mobility in the joints and spine
- stimulation of the organs which improves their function
- better body circulation and detoxification
- rejuvenation of the nervous and endocrine systems
- increased strength due to muscle build-up
- increased flexibility due to regular stretching
- increased self-awareness and understanding of one’s physical and dietary needs
- increased self-knowledge of one’s emotional and mental patterns, which brings about a possibility of change, overcoming addictions, inviting a gradual but sure process of self transformation."